CUPRA Environmental Policy
CUPRA IRELAND develops, produces and distributes motor vehicles worldwide, and has committed itself to becoming a leading provider of sustainable mobility. Our organisation commits itself to the continual improvement of the environmental compatibility of its products, its facilities and its services. Environmental compatibility comprises in particular the improvement of resources use efficiency and the energy consumption, including its CO2-emissions e.g. by using low CO2 energy sources, the improvement of energy efficiency and the minimisation of pollutants emission. The aspects of an energy policy are considered in this environmental policy. CUPRA IRELAND makes environmentally efficient advanced technologies available to its customers worldwide, taking into consideration the lifecycle of its products and services. CUPRA IRELAND is a partner for society and politics both at its corporate headquarters as well as at all its locations, by shaping a socially and environmentally sustainable, positive development.
CUPRA IRELAND. commits itself with the compliance of legal and regulatory requirements and its self-appointed environment and energy targets (according to ISO14001 clause: compliance obligations), as well as with the implementation of the following principles.
- The “TOGETHER – Strategy 2025” depicts the vision of the Volkswagen Group evolving into a world-leading provider of sustainable mobility. In addition, the Volkswagen Group has particularly set itself the target of being a role model when it comes to environment. CUPRA IRELAND, as part of the Volkswagen Group, commits itself with this principle.
- In order to safeguard the organisation on a long-term basis and increase its competitiveness, CUPRA IRELAND investigates and develops products and services towards a sustainable mobility.
- The environmental protection at CUPRA IRELAND. is holistically laid out. It covers the entire lifecycle according to ISO14001 and regards environmental protection to water, soil, air and resources, along with the eco-design of their vehicles in accordance with ISO14006.
- Through its environment and energy management system, CUPRA IRELANDensures that the environmental compatibility of its products, services and manufacturing facilities are subjected to a continual improvement process, together with its suppliers, contractors, business partners and waste disposal companies. Energy efficiency and consistent energy savings are supported with targets and tracked.
- The CUPRA IRELAND Executive Committee specifies, according to the Group Policy Environment, the obligation to all companies that operate environmentally relevant facilities or develop environmentally relevant products, to implement environmental management systems, and regularly checks the effectiveness of the management systems. CUPRA IRELAND ensures by internal regulations that the necessary information regarding environment and energy management is available, as well as the vital means for the continuity of the management system.
- The CUPRA IRELAND Executive Committee regularly checks the compliance with this Environmental Policy and the attainment of the environment and energy targets. The Environmental Policy will be regularly verified and updated if required.
- CUPRA IRELAND commits itself with the continual improvement of the energy-related performance.
- CUPRA IRELAND, ensures that all its employees are informed, qualified and motivated to environment and energy management, in accordance with their tasks, fostering their participation.
- Transparent and credible information, as well as the open dialogue with our stakeholders, are a matter of course for CUPRA IRELAND
- CUPRA IRELAND, as a responsible member of society, works proactively with the representatives of political and public authorities at all levels, embracing social actions that include the prevention of emergencies at their corporate headquarters and their development and production centres