LIKE THE DAY YOU GOT IT.
CUPRA MATTE PAINT CARE.
Every CUPRA is finished with the highest quality paint job. Follow our advice below on how to keep yours looking as good as it did on its very first day.
For vehicles with matte paint finish (Magnetic tech matte or Petrol Blue Matte colours), we recommend more frequent attention to that of a conventional paint.
The optical properties of a matte lacquer can be altered due to the use of brushes, cleaners or wax polishes. These can polish the paint and lose the matte effect (the paint becomes shiny). To avoid this, the following considerations must be taken into account:
- It's recommended that you store your vehicle in a garage, away from direct sunlight, rain, wind and ground moisture.
- In order not to damage the vehicle when washing it, first remove dust and coarse dirt.
- To remove traces of insects, grease stains and fingerprints, it is best to use a special cleaner for matte paint.
- Gently apply the product with a microfibre cloth. Avoid applying excessive pressure.
- Rinse with plenty of water.
- Washing the vehicle by hand is always recommended.
- Apply a neutral cleaner with a soft microfibre cloth without polish or hard waxes.
- Rinse the vehicle again with plenty of water
- Let it air dry.
- Remove any traces of water with a leather cloth.
- Preferably, before using the washing tunnel, use a pressure gun and avoid contact with the cleaning injector.
- If you choose to clean in a washing tunnel, it must be of the soft type and never select washing programs that contain wax.
You can find all of this information, plus further care tips in your CUPRA owners manual.
Restore the factory finish
Should you need to repair any damage to the matte paint, for best results we recommend you contact your CUPRA Master.